1. 200 losses or more over a 2-year period and the owner will be asked to state their case as to why they should be allowed to stay. If allowed to stay, the owner must reach 70 wins or be replaced.
2. Prospect payroll can NOT exceed 30 million (example, if you budget 20 million for Prospect Cash, then you can only transfer up 10 million into Prospect Payroll). Penalty - the player or players that are signed by going over the cap are inactivated for all of their first season so they don't develop and they are also added to the 40-man roster immediately so that they burn up all of their options and have to clear waivers in order to be removed from the 40-man. The team that goes over the cap can NOT transfer any cash to their prospect payroll for three seasons.
3. Extended losing streaks or trends at the end of the season will be reviewed above and beyond the 200-loss requirement. Teams are expected to maintain a level of competitiveness throughout the entire season. It is unacceptable to lose towards the end of the season to secure a higher draft slot.
4. The expectations for this world regarding minor leagues is as follows:
- .250 Win Pct must be achieved at each level. If that win pct is not achieved, you will go on probation the following season and if it is not achieved again, you will leave the world at the end of the season.
- No sustained pitching fatigue.
- No sustained players playing blatantly out of position (OF at SS, 3B at C, etc.)
- Achieving above a .250 win pct does not allow you to have a blatant disregard for the above rules. If this happens the competition committee will discuss and can vote the owner out.
5. Using tandem pitchers for the specific reason of telling the AI who you want to be the first pitcher out of the bullpen is perfectly fine. However, it is NOT ok to deceive the other owner to gain a platoon advantage. Starting Pitchers should have their target pitch count set to at least 60. If you choose to not to use a target pitch count, then the max pitch count should be set to at least 60 (exceptions may apply in extreme circumstances).
6. Cash in a trade may not exceed the salaries that are going with it (Example: Player A makes 2 million...you can NOT trade 5 million and the player).
7. You must protect your players on the 40-man roster! Plenty of time once budgets are set to protect your players from the Rule 5 draft. There will be no excuses. "I had something come up, please take pity on me and trade me my player back." is unacceptable.
8. If a team signs a free agent from another team during free agency, that player can NOT be traded until after the amateur draft.
9. When a trade is completed, any major league player involved is immediately to be moved to "Rest" and any minor league player involved is to be put on the inactive roster. This is to prevent fatigue and/or injury. If a starting pitcher (ML) is traded and is scheduled as next starter (therefore can not be rested), his pitch count should be set at minimum and then he should be placed on "rest" immediately thereafter.
10. Trade chats and proposals must be responded to in 48 hours...even if it is to say "hey, I saw your chat/proposal, but I'm busy, give me some time to get back to you." Please send hopkinsheel a private trade chat if this rule is not being observed.
11. Cities/Stadiums are not to be moved once you are in the world. All team names must look and sound professional.
12. The world chat is to be used for discussion and debate, however you MUST keep it civil. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
13. Commissioner, hopkinsheel, reserves the right to add to these rules. Usually the matter will be placed up for a vote.
14. Our goal is always to have a very quick rollover. We all have 3 months to renew for the following season. There will no longer be a grace period once rollover occurs. If you are not renewed then you will be replaced. If there is an issue with your renewal, please contact me immediately, do not wait until rollover!
15. Competition Committee consists of the commissioner, cmthieme, ajwalton, mikejuggalo, and tk21775.
RULES IN EFFECT BEGINNING SEASON 20
1) Minimum Win Requirement: Four season minimum win rule of 55/120/185/260
2) Prospect Cap of $30 million
3) The amount of cash received in a trade cannot exceed the total amount of salaries being received
4) All owners are required to maintain healthy minor league pitching staffs at all levels
5) Changing ballparks allowed once every 5 seasons